Skip to main content

alive

so I have a giant flowering tree/bush of this gorgeous stuff in my backyard. last weekend I trimmed a few branches and brought them into the house to liven it up a bit. oh how I love love love fresh flowers (I seem to forget until I break down and buy some or they appear in my yard unexpectedly). anyway, does anyone know what this lovely branch is called? the blossoms are bigger than anything fruit bearing and the thing hasn't ever beared any fruit to my knowledge. it doesn't even really look like a tree, more of a large shrubbery and I know that it isn't camelia either.

ah spring.

{image via d*s, which labelled it quince, but it doesn't look like the same quince on wikipedia}

Comments

  1. Flowering Quince my most favorite harbinger of spring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment