Skip to main content

6. gremolata

gremolata - put it on everything.

After making a recipe for roasted salmon & asparagus with pistachio gremolata by Molly Gilbert, (out of Sheet Pan Suppers), I decided that maybe I need to add gremolata to nearly everything I can. Specifically, our regular weekly meal of mac and cheese and broccoli. I often make sauteed/steamed broccoli as a side because my 3-year-old daughter loves it. I like a little lemon on top but I have often overpowered the broccoli with my generous squeeze and received complaints from my fellow diners. I'm pretty certain that this gremolata discovery solves this problem. It's pretty amazing generously sprinkled over the entire lot of mac and cheese and broccoli.


gremolata

Ingredients:

  • 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley, washed and dried and stems removed
  • 1 clove garlic
  • 1 organic lemon, washed and dried


Instructions:

  • Chop the parsley with a chef's knife until it is nearly finely chopped.
  • Using a microplane, grate the garlic clove over the parsley. Or, you can use a garlic press.
  • Using the same grater (don't bother to wash it), zest the lemon on top of the garlic. If you use the microplane for both the garlic and lemon, the lemon will help to rid the microplane of garlic odors.
  • Finish chopping the parsley, mixing in the garlic and lemon in as you go, until the parsley is chopped very fine.
  • Top your favorite veggie with the gremolata and devour.


Notes:

  •  Make it nutty! Add 1/2 cup chopped pistachios, almonds, walnuts to the mix.
  •  You can store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day.

Comments