Skip to main content

Serious Wastrels

In the beginning, there was Broken Saucer. Hi. How are you? I've missed you. What have I been doing lately?

Well, I have a toddler now and now I don't have time for anything that I don't make time for. And I am a victim of the mom guilt that goes right along with all of it. So I don't post to my blog or do a lot of things I'd like to do because I'm too busy folding laundry and doing dishes and making toddler food. Oh, mom guilt. You're mean.

But I'm still here. And I'm still silly. So in my silliness, I started something new.

Serious Wastrels.

I spend a lot of time on Facebook because it's on my phone. I could explain further, but why?  And out of nowhere, Facebook started targeting ads to me from Nordstrom's designer lines.  Suddenly I click on a cute dress and it's $2,500. $2,500!

I laughed and started posting them back to my facebook status. And then they sent me more.  More ads for pretty dresses that cost more than my mortgage. So I started to blog about it.

Mostly pictures. A little of what you could alternately get for the cost of the dress. Like today's post - Cat Lady.  Did you know that you could adopt 25 cats for the price of this dress? I think that's funny. And this really is the closest I'll ever get to one of these dresses. After all, even my wedding dress didn't cost this much. A fact which some of you already know. But love of fashion and all that. It's still fun.

Anyway. If you like dresses, and you like me. If you miss me, I'm over there at Serious Wastrels.
And I miss you too.

Love,

Sera


Comments