Skip to main content

winter sangria

I don't know if it is more or less dangerous than a real cocktail, but I love a good sangria.  Although this one is called a Summer Sangria, the fruit I use is definitely more winter.  And since I don't drink whiskey, it seemed like a good wintery cocktail alternative. Also, I love eating the wine soaked fruit out my glass. It's like a salad.
martha
Inspired by this Everyday Food recipe:

Mid-winter Sangria

Ingredients:
8 clementines, 6 juiced, 2 thinly sliced
2 lemons, thinly sliced
1 apple sliced into pieces that will fit in a glass
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup pear brandy
2 bottles dry red wine
2+ cups seltzer

Directions:
In a large vase (how I like to serve it), combine orange juice, sugar and brandy; stir well to dissolve sugar.  Add fruit slices, wine and seltzer and stir to combine.  Chill for at least an hour for the flavors to meld and then use a ladle to serve into glasses with some of the fruit.  May be served with or without ice.

Comments

  1. i can't wait to drink sangria again. i've been pregnant or breastfeeding for the past 3 years - it's been a LONG time since I've enjoyed a yummy adult beverage. sangria is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know you can pump and then drink... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't I see you add something AFTER you took it out of the fridge? Was there a final secret ingredient?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't I see you add a final ingredient after you pulled it out of the fridge? Is there a secret ingredient not included here???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment