Just a little hint at how behind I really am. But please allow me my small glorious check boxes, as I mark them.
- Marriage Licence - check! - whatever happens now, we can officially get married.
- Shoes - check. not orange, but really hot! they will help me bridge the gap between my navy dress and my man's black suit, and the fish scale heel has a pale pink tone which matches a certain element of my dress.
- schedule pedicure - check. (not that I need one, see shoes but) my aunt scheduled a day of pedi pampering for my mom and my aunt and I a week before.
- schedule makeup & manicure - check. I shelled out for day of makeup for two reasons - one) problem skin and two) because I can spend $300 on makeup or $150 for someone to just do it for me and save me the headache. (note: although I choke a little on that $150, it includes a consultation and dry run.)
- hair cut & color - scheduled on the same day as the boy's cut, I figure I can "do" my own hair on the day-of, it's a bob, it's not that complicated.
- ceremony music - check. our accordianist will be playing "la valse d'amelie" as I walk down the aisle - what will she play on the way out? to be determined, but at that point, who cares?
- bachelorette party - check! thanks for the much needed fun ladies! (and that is all I will say about that.)
- the dress - I have not given up. It is coming along. It is the dress that I will wear. Last night I had a design break through and I estimate no more than another six-ish hours of mostly hand-tacking. who knows, it could take less time...
- call the dahlia dealer/florist to discuss boutennieres and corsages. (sometimes I just have total panic when it comes to certain kinds of phone calls.)
- bud vases in which to deposit the flowers - half check. I have 24, but I'll need more.
- menu confirmed - emailed and I left a message for the venue to call me back. and
- schedule rehearsal - same as above.
- buy wine - question: how many bottles of red and white wine should I buy for 100 people, excluding but with consideration for four cases of champagne and a keg? (we are opting out of the hard liquor).
- banquet permit - for the liquor - the boy is in charge of this one. it involves going to the liquor store which shouldn't be a problem for him.
- meet with the photographer to discuss shots, timeline, the darkness, although she is confirmed
- music - I have largely depended on the boy for this one, and like many things, I should have pressed harder, but at least this one will be fun.
- book hotel for wedding night
- book transportation for wedding night
- day of timeline - what exactly am I supposed to do here???
What am I missing?
ps. can I have a massage?